From Hubspot’s marketing blog, I read an excellent article on social media.
As an e-commerce business, what do these developments mean for you? In short, the worlds of social media and search have collided. In summary:
1. Search traffic to social media sites will make Twitter and Facebook even more ubiquitous. Expect social media to be as indispensable as the phone. It already is for many. With a flood of traffic from search engines, it’ll be impossible for web users to avoid social networks.
2. Search will eventually become personalized to each user based on their social media activity and friends’ activities. All of the basics of SEO will still be important, but your social media presence will be a critical part of securing your search traffic.
Twitter was purported to be in talks to license their full feed of Tweets to Google and Bing for real time display of all of Tweets in their search engine result pages.
Well, that has happened. Only, it’s even a bigger deal than that. Facebook has joined the party and made it a foursome.
Here’s the news:
- Bing licenses Twitter feeds and launches Twitter search. (Microsoft)
- Bing licenses Facebook feeds. (ReadWriteWeb)
- Google launches Twitter search. (Google)
- Twitter Founder Ev Williams announcements of the Google Deal and Bing Deals. (Twitter)
- Google launches social search in labs. (ReadWriteWeb)
Social media will most likely become just as important as content creation and inbound links for priming the SEO pump. To get the most of your internet presence, visit Idaho SEO, optimize your website, optimize your business, maximize your revenue. 86% of all consumers begin their search online – do they end with you? Let my professional internet marketing efforts put you ahead of your competitors. As a trained marketing specialist and skilled web design consultant, I will optimize your website so you get found.